- Original Prusa i3 MK3 has been added to the fleet
- printing of the MK3 enclosure is current priority over further AM8 upgrades
- AM8 works great, often bed-leveling process is 🙁
- noisey AM8 drove me nuts, started ‘blipping’, replaced with Noctua fancy ass thing
- All four(4) of the nuts on the left side z-axis ball-nut carrier fell out, 20 minute fix
- I’ve been printing for the past couple weeks now with this machine, without any problems other than re-leveling the bed every couple days. It appears that the micro-switch is bending and not springing back instantly. So, the bed ends up a bit out of correct. I understand the desire for auto-leveling, and will upgrade to Marlin and a bed-level sensor after printing the enclosure risers, accessories for the MK3.
- The spring nuts on the ball-screw for the Z-axis rattled themselves apart, which required putting that back together, and a re-leveling.
- The Noctura fan makes this printer very quiet, and the linear bearings run smoothly. When/if this one gets noisey I will rebuild it using MGN12 rails.